Various technical means are used to combat different types of internal threats to information security. But only a data room solution will help to really solve the problem of protecting the computer infrastructure.
The Concept of Data Room
Data room fulfills requirements for the protection of personal data during their processing in personal data information systems, the implementation of which ensures the established levels of protection of personal data, as well as requirements for material carriers of biometric personal data and technologies for storing such data outside of personal data information systems.
To achieve the concept of data room, it is necessary to provide an effective solution to the following tasks:
- timely identification, assessment, and forecasting of sources of threats;
- creation of a mechanism for prompt response to threats;
- prevention and/or reduction of damage from the implementation of threats;
- protection from interference in the process of functioning of by unauthorized persons;
- compliance with the requirements of legislation, regulatory and methodological documents;
- ensuring the continuity of critical business processes;
- achieving the adequacy of measures to protect against IS threats;
- study of partners, clients, competitors, and job candidates;
- preventing the penetration of organized crime structures and individuals with illegal intentions;
- identification, prevention, and suppression of possible illegal and other negative activities of employees;
- enhancement of business reputation and corporate culture.
It should be noted that there is not a single comprehensive solution that would fully protect the company from the impact of these and other threats. However, many vendors offer a variety of solutions to control and prevent a significant portion of threats.
Data Room as the Best Way to Avoid the Theft of Confidential Information
Illegal access to information is possible when it is transmitted through a regular connection (without encryption) – by hacking the corporate network; if the data is placed in places accessible to unauthorized people or employees who do not have the appropriate rights; if a stranger has the ability to read from the monitor screen; if you have access to printed materials, portable media or computers.
Within the framework of the threat of copyright infringement, it is possible to copy parts of documents of one author into documents of another author (as well as into mail messages, Web-forms, etc.); individual encryption of documents, in which the company is deprived of the opportunity to work with the document after the dismissal or transfer of an employee or in the event of a password loss; use of materials published on the Internet without processing in their documents; use of multimedia files (graphics, audio, and video recordings), software and other information objects protected by copyright; falsification of the data of the addressee or sender in order to defame his good name or compromise the company.
Misuse of resources means visiting general and entertainment sites (not related to the performance of official duties) during working hours; loading, storing, and using multimedia files and entertainment software during working hours; the use of profanity, rude, inappropriate vocabulary in business correspondence; downloading, viewing and distributing adult materials, as well as materials containing symbols, campaigning or other illegal materials; using company resources to send advertising, spam, or personal information, including employee information, social security numbers, credit cards, etc.
Thus, the creation of an information protection system using the example of a personal data protection system at various stages is carried out in accordance with the following legislative acts and regulatory and methodological documents.